View Single Post
Old 21st November 2012, 06:19 PM
Cultist

You're quite right Arabiansergei, Joan has her own thread, but you can't highlight the good without the bad..

To be honest, it wasn't so much the actress, Elspeth, who was bad, she only worked with what she was given, it was just that the character of Meg was so overdone. possibly because she was persistent throughout the course of the show the writers thought she'd have to be in every storyline, i donno.

Jim and Coleen were in it for quite long stretches but aren't particularly remembered by the casual watcher. Joan and Vera were in it a lot less than Meg but remain a lot more memorable. the public usually just likes the darker side of humanity i guess. but Joyce was in the show almost as long as Meg, though she disappeared a lot for long stretches, and she was hardly given any storylines, my issue is why does one character have so many memorable moments, and the other almost none?

Back to Meg... She didn't particularly annoy me straight away, i thought she was quite a good character, but she used to bite Vera's head off all the time, then Jims, then Colleen's when she became more aggressive, then Joans, and it wasn't long before i lost patience with her. I'm not saying she was bad as such... just tricky... n you gotta watch her...

JL