View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
There's loads of stuff that is really strong made before 2000, mainstream and underground. The book is way overhyped anyway as to levels of gore and violence. If Ellis hadn't have been the media's flavour of the month or serial killers the thing to make films about at the time, only a few people would have even heard of the book.

If you fancy something beautifully written and extremely challenging in serial killer fiction try 'Frisk' by Dennis Cooper.Frisk (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've read a lot of Dennis Cooper myself I'd recommend him I enjoy his books but they are very dark and I'm sure would offend a lot of people.

I'd also recommend Jay McInerney, more for similar style to Ellis, well Ellis has similar style to him and for the 80's yuppy culture but not the violence I really enjoyed Model Behavior, Story of My Life, and Bright Lights, Big City.

I'm sure many people hate him but I did enjoy a lot of Chuck Palahniuk books, always fairly short but entertaining, although I haven't really enjoyed the later ones, last one i enjoyed was Snuff.