View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2012, 03:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

December 2nd.

Offspring (2009)

Yet another take on the legend of Sawney Bean. The offspring of a clan of cave dwelling mutants attack coastal homes to satisfy thier hunger. This Jack Ketchum penned film was potentially a good watch knowing what his stories are like. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Having children as the killers could have been interesting however the usual modern horror drawbacks soon took hold. The film was mainly shot in pitch black with only the reds and oranges of a flickering fire as lighting and any gore was offscreen or too fast or dark to make out. Even at 76 minutes including end credits this film felt overlong.

Due Date (2010)

The prescence of Robert Downey Jr had me hoping for a fun film despite its negative reviews on release. Critics know nothing i always think when they hammer a film i enjoyed. Alas, sometimes said critics are spot on.

After a potentially amusing set up during the first twenty minutes i was ready to enjoy this, however the story became more and more ridiculous and although Downey Jr was thankfully at least watchable his co-star Zack Galifianakis was painful to the eyes. Unfunny and lacking any sort of charisma. He was excruciating to watch. I don't really think the film would have worked with another actor either though, a comedy relies on its script and in this case after twenty minutes there wasn't a single scene or gag to make me even smile never mind laugh. Even the dog was unfunny.

Avoid at all costs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OffspringDVD.jpg (46.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (12.6 KB, 2 views)