View Single Post
Old 14th December 2012, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Wow. It's really affected you!

I don't see what the big deal is really.

I've always been about films not labels. We can still discuss films here. We'll still find out what relevant films are being released by whatever label and we will still discuss them. The presence or not of specific labels doesn't mean much to me to be honest. Cult Labs is Cult Labs no matter which labels stump up to be promoted specifically here.
I don't see it as overreacting at all. I think it's a huge deal, personally. It's a closure of an open dialogue between Arrow and the types of people who are most able to shape and advise on a release to best suit its target, as we are very much that target.

They have Facebook, but looking at some of the bewildering comments (several people have suggested they license A Nightmare On Elm Street...) I can't help but feel they're going to lose so much from this. The opening to The Beyond is a perfect example. If Cult Labs never existed would they have bothered to seek out the sepia opening, or stuck with the monochrome, despite the mistake at the presses, it had always seemed to be the intention, until heavily requested, and check discs seem to confirm that.

There's so much inane casual nonsense on their Facebook, there's bound to be at least a little of worth lost. The great thing about this place is they had a superb team of people working to sieve the nonsense from the important (as they are, again, very much the target audience) and relay that directly to Arrow.