View Single Post
Old 18th December 2012, 10:43 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) Steve Rogers wants to be a soldier, he wants it so bad that he agrees to become part of an experiment to create a race of super soldiers who will fight against Nazi Germany in the war. Unfortunatly for the allies Rogers is the only one created and as such isn't of much use so becomes a stage act in order to encourage the public to buy war bonds. But he soon tires of this and sets out to rescue hundreds of pows who are being held by Hydra. A part of the axis but an organzation with its own agenda run by the Red Skull. The movie ticks all the comic book boxes. A neferious villian, a cleaner than clean hero, flag waving, massive war machines and of course superhero signature moves. A little bit of location trivia for you: The street that the newly transformed Rogers runs down whilst chasing the Hydra agent is in the city that I live in....No not New York but Manchester in the UK. Its called Dale Street and for a good few months it was close off whilst filming was taking place. It was chosen as a location because of the architecture which was thought to be right for the period.
The boy MTDS and I watched this today too. It's growing on me with each viewing. Next time I'm in town with the boy, we'll have a walk down Dale Street and see if he recognises it. Wasn't some of it filmed in Liverpool as well?