View Single Post
Old 29th December 2012, 10:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Don't be a smartarse! What the footage is, doesn't matter. It shouldn't have happened. I'd just like an explanaton from Arrow.
OK, fair play to an extent. I just find it incredible that people are up in arms over such a minor aspect to an otherwise fantastic presentation of the film.

It's just so unfortunate that the vast majority on here have no idea what it involves to take a film from print to final encoded Blu Ray. What an incredible risk as well considering that the Blu Underground disc had been available for so long beforehand. Anyone interested in this film would more than likely already own a copy so this needed to be great...and it is.

I'm no Arrow fanboy and have voiced my opinions before on poorer output (Tenebrae being a major one). I think it's fantastic that Arrow took the almighty risk of going through this restoration process and now we are stuck with a debate about a frankly minor aspect that has no impact on the film. It's not even a missing shot. It's a missing part of a shot.

And if you are really that bothered, man up and phone them about the issue instead of hiding behind e-mails, facebook posts and this forum.