View Single Post
Old 30th December 2012, 07:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I can see that the Arrow transfer is better and the extra image at the edges is splendid. But from what I have seen so far, it doesn't look that much better than the BU version. It looks slightly better.

I do realise that screen captures can be misleading....but I actually like slightly more saturated colours. I like colours to jump out at me rather than look "natural" and "realistic". I can see natural and realistic everyday, I want a film to be something special!

And actually, when I hear that something has been mastered to look "more natural and realistic" it tends to just look pale and washed out compared to the real world I see!

I am intrigued to see this Arrow transfer...but not enough to buy it. Not yet. But then I bought the Grindhouse release of The Beyond because it ate away at me that a tiny few seconds were missing from the start of the AWE version I had...I don't mind fractions of a second being missing due to damaged frames or such, but I am afraid this 6 seconds missing from this establishing intro shot stops me buying it. Especially when weighed up against the almost-as-good image quality of the BU version I have all ready.

Other people have issues over grain and detail and artwork, my issues are with footage and aspect ratio. Sorry if that is too eccentric.
It is noticably better though.