View Single Post
Old 4th January 2013, 04:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
It's not mean spirited to say that the QC dept needs a bloody good shake up
No but that's not what you're saying. You're saying you'd be happy for the company to go under, people losing their jobs, income etc all because of lax quality control. I'm all for them revising their quality control measures but wouldn't wish them to go under. That is mean-spirited, regardless of how angry you are.

Quote:
How many errors have there been now?
Off the top of my head 3 - The Beyond intro, The House By The Cemetry bluray extras disc not being in initial pressings and now ZFE missing footage due to an authoring error. There may be more but those are the main ones I can think of. Feel free to correct me or add more *

Quote:
City of the living dead is riddled with artifacts as is House by the Cemetery, Deep Red and Bird with Crystal Plumage are knackered, Tenebrae looks like it was filmed at the North Pole, Demons 2 has had multiple complaints over artifacts (although personally I though this one was ok) and that's not even counting the Beyond as that was fixed and became a decent disc but now Zombie Flesh Eaters has been released in a strong not so uncut version.

I mean who the hell have they got checking these discs Frank Spencer?
These aren't errors as such but issues that people have (legitimately or not) with the transfers and presentation of the film. This is where personal preference and judgment (and the tedious screenshot brigade) come into it. I'm not disagreeing with you on some of these points (I definitely think Tenebrae was a very iffy transfer which still manages to look good on my tv once settings have been changed thankfully) but regardless of what you think about these issues they are not errors but issues with the source material and transfers from the Italian lab due to odd judgement and having different standards, not mistakes. You can't deny the footage is missing from ZFE or that The Beyond intro was wrong, but you can argue that City of the Living Dead is a good transfer or that Tenebrae was the best looking release they could have put out given what the LVR lab had done with it. That's a different thing entirely.

* EDIT: there was also an issue with initial pressings of The Card Player not having English subtitles I think, something like that anyway. They also did a replacement programme for that too