View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Mother of Tears-Dario Argento's conclusion to the Three Mothers trilogy. This time round, the plot revolves around art student Sarah(played by Dario's daughter Asia) who has to stop the rather lovely looking Mother of Tears from causing Rome to go to Hell! That's pretty much it as far as plot goes.
What can I say, I liked it surprisingly considering the bad rep it's had for the last 5 years, particularly on here. Yeah, it's not Argento's best film, but it's certainly a masterpiece compared to The Card Player! My only real issue was some of the FX were awful and cheap looking, especially the scenes featuring the ghostly Daria Nicolodi, which were seriously bad. Oh, and Sarah's ability to make herself invisible had me chuckling too. It does have some nice gory set pieces and a couple of instances that made me jump(a rarity these days) and I know I'll definitely watch it again.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!