View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 03:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

There's a bit of a difference between 'screencap police or screencap scientists' to:

now, isn't there?
Again, taking one piece of what I wrote, taking it out of context and claiming I was saying something else.

I NEVER SAID all people who look at screencaps and compare images are boring, it was a direct reference to the people out there who drone on endlessly in their jargon fuelled blogs ad infinitum.

I would direct people to the excellent kentai blogs for how its done properly. I dont always agree with kentai but his blog is well written and he always writes under the assumption that at least a certain proportion of his audience might be un-familiar with the terminolgy. Concise and to the point and certailnly NOT boring.

***edit** also a little off topic but i'm curious, what exactly was wrong with the criterion videodrome? I was under the impression it was framed correctly.

***edit no 2**

also heres the FULL sentence.
I too saw nothing wrong with the BU release, and i'm not one of the screencap bores who find it impossible to watch a film without analysing every frame and then writing feature length essays on the subject in the deluded belief a career in film journalism awaits once those up on high read my startling prose.

again, apologies for anyone who took this the wrong way but re-reading it, I dont see how i'm attacking every person who compares screencaps.. perhaps because i'm not a proffesional writer (and have no aspirations in the field) I'm not putting my opinions over clearly, but its directed at those on amazon and other places who rattle off a long list of technical jargon backed up with a few screencaps as 'evidence'. These are the people who should be made to go and read kentais blogs then re-read their own stuff and try again.