View Single Post
Old 14th January 2013, 09:50 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Pitch Perfect - really enjoyable and funny comedy. Smartly written in the vein of Mean Girls I thought it was really enjoyable and even enjoyed the accapella arrangements of the songs. I thought it was acca-solutely acca-cellent and would make a great 'Films That Mention The Breakfast Club' double bill with Easy A. It also did nothing to lessen my on crush Anna Kendrick. Damn that Edgar Wright.

The Silent House - the original. Interesting on a technical level with it purporting to be shot in one single take (although doubtful due to digital camera storage limitations) but really not terribly engrossing or interesting. I did jump once but it was never eerie or scary enough

Blood Reaper - a Poundland purchase. One of those poorly-shot, shockingly-framed, badly-lit, absymally-acted, dismally-edited, awfully-written dull DV horror films. An absolute waste of time and the £1 I spent on it.

Skyfall - meant to go and see Argo last night but it was sold out so went for this instead. I absolutely loved it. The simplicity of plot was very welcome and the set pieces were excellent. I especially loved the opening sequence as it was refreshing to see a modern action sequences shot and edited in a manner where you can actually see what is happening and the sequence in the Shanghai lift was breathtaking. Highly recommended.