View Single Post
Old 26th January 2013, 01:42 PM
Cult Addict

You get a like, so I'll climb down and shovel your broken corpse up and give it a true funeral. Valhalla style!
TBH if you don't like it I would like to know. I despise the Spider-Man films and consider TDK and TDKR to be horrificaly over rated (while Batman Begins is seriously over shadowed by them, did people see Cillians Murphys performance as Scarecrow in that? Bloody amazing!) so Dredd was a punch in the heart for me. Finaly, the best comic book character of all time get's a film worthy of John Wagners genius. So yeah, no matter how many detractors it has in the mainstream, genre fans and 2KAD fans will (mostly) agreey that it was a film for them.

The Last Stand (Kim Ji-Woon-2013): The spiritual younger brother to The Expendables. I went in wanting cheese, and I was grinning from ear to ear afterwords. Some great scene chewing from the two main bads (Eduardo Norigo as Cortez and Peter Stromare as Burrel) as one thunders across the nation as a Lewis Hamelton wannabe and the other says '****' alot. Ah-Nolld get's in some great one liners ("I'm the sheriff! Schmuck!") an (at times painful) final fight and some genuinly funny moments ("This....is the nazi killer!" and "Shut up grann-'BANG!'). Not clever, nor overly original but a great pocorn flick.

Next, Motel Hell!