View Single Post
Old 26th January 2013, 07:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well I finished by Bond Bluray box set last night with the wretched A view to a kill. The only thing I like about this film is Duran Duran's theme tune.

Today I caught up on some new arrivals with Django. I bought the Blue Underground blu-ray when it was released a couple of years ago (if I recall correctly it was one of their first blu-ray releases) but unfortunately due it being locked to region A I never got round to watching it. The U.K. release from Argent has remedied the situation. A great film and easy to see why it has so many fans. Now if we could have the Great Silence on blu in the next 11 months it will truly be a great year.

Final film for tonight was The Business. First of all I have to say Nick Love's films are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I was at the U.K. (world?) premier when this played the Edinburgh International film festival in 2005 (before Hannah McGill became artistic director and destroyed the festival that Shane Daniels and Lizzie Franks had built, but that is probably a topic for a different rant) and owned it on DVD before my move to foreign shores resulted in a clear out my collection. I was 8 years old in 1980 began and 18 in 1990 so I guess I am a child of the 80's and so the business' rather excellent soundtrack is perhaps that of my formative teenage years. The film itself is not only great fun but the subtext, if you look for it, is also an interesting critique of the basic ideals of Thatcherism. I would recommend it, but those of you who didn't grow up or live through the 80's may not appreciate it in the same way.

Last edited by SShaw; 26th January 2013 at 08:03 PM.