View Single Post
Old 5th February 2013, 11:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Personally, I don't have a problem with Twilight Time's pricing. As I've said before, barebones dvds used to cost £19.99. For 3 or £4 more, TT sells limited edition BD's (and for me, that doesn't mean it has to be loaded with special features). Hard Times, Christine, The Driver and The Blob will sit proudly on my dvd shelf.
I think the problem people have is the whole buy them or dont get them at all, which is as much the studios fault as it is TT. Fair enough their ltd in america, but its ludicrous that that means people in germany,sweden,china,australia,england,france,denm ark ect ect, won't get a chance at buying them. I have no problems with ltd edition collectors items, paying more and getting more for your money (even if its just fancy packaging) like the Eureaka steelbooks or arrow slipcases, but at least people who dont have the money to splash around on these things still get to see the damnned film legally with the more mass-produced standard editions. This is why, despite piracy being wrong, theft and something not to be tolerated, i'd have a hard time moralising at someone who went and downloaded a HD rip of fright night, i mean what other option other than buying day of release were they given?