View Single Post
Old 30th June 2009, 09:09 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Smile

Excellent write-up DVD Trash - anyone else who went along please share your thoughts - it'll help persuade the right people to do more of these events.

Hats off to Calum for coming up with the idea in the first place and for pulling it all off and getting over and looking after two guys I know we all, as informed fans, consider screen legends.

Also a big thank you to Alex, Sarah and Laura at Arrow for all their help and support. Alex has taken the unusual risk in this perilous climate for cult DVD to spend the buck on extras, a packaging concept that initially scared off retail in some quarters, creating extra time and spending yet more (something he's had to get used with me!) on getting the film presentation right and then shelling out to support this excellent Glasgow event.

Sarah has suffered through the numerous delights that come with the territory of preparing DVDs for production and pulling off some nifty fast moves right against deadline and Laura looked after packing those goody bags together so thanks guys for all that effort.

Hats off also to Marc Morris for his work on the DVDs and to the GFT for having the vision to show crazy old giallos. Back in my days in Glasgow and Scotland in general no one was doing this kind of thing and I'm so chuffed it happened. Sadly I couldn't be there but I plan to hang my hat on a date for the next event - rest assured!