View Single Post
Old 14th February 2013, 05:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'll definitely pick up Deranged, it's a great little film.I haven't seen Squirm in a long time though and can't remember whether I liked it all that much when I did.I've got the MGM flipper disc with both Deranged and Motel Hell on it.The print of Deranged on that DVD is very nice but, as some have pointed out, slightly cut.I think I would rather have the missing gore footage as an extra on any DVD/BD that's made available, especially if it's in rough shape, than inserted into a nice looking print of the film.I've heard the inserted footage on the German DVD is quite jarring, when compared to the rest of the film.Like Daemonia, I'd love to see Arrow release a special edition of Death Line (aka Raw Meat).
When MGM prepared their HD master, they borrowed the director's print (which I believe was used for the Moore Video US tape release from which the German DVD sourced its cut footage) and retransferred (and cleaned up) the cut footage in HD. It's not part of the HD master but the clip was designed so it could be dropped into the cut version (including some in-context footage before and after to try to smooth over the quality difference).