View Single Post
Old 25th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

So haven't been on here for awhile, here is a few highlights:

The Keep (1983) Went to the 35mm screening in London's Prince Charles Cinema, first time viewing this elusive part of Michael Mann's filmography. From a story perspective, it's easy to tell what remains is a truncated version of a nonetheless cool vision of high gothic fantasy. The atmosphere is intoxicating akin to a mixture of German expressionism and Fulci on a massive budget punctuated by Tangerine Dream's hypnotic synth rock score. Flawed, but to me thoroughly entertaining and fascinating.

Drive (1997) Definetly a hidden gem here, a solid and expertly choreographed martial arts film with lightening fast action from Dacascos and some fun 90's buddy humour. Also Dacascos has a bar karaoke scene before being attacked by motocross assassins. Brilliant.

Mary, Queen of Scots (1971) Yes, it's costume drama from the future director of the musical Lost Horizon. Yes, it's also for you history buffs out there wildly inaccurate. But then again, the chance to watch a film in which 70's era Vanessa Redgrave and Glenda Jackson have a jolly chinwag in boisterous costume would always prove to be enticing for me.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)