View Single Post
Old 6th March 2013, 07:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
On the plus side, I think the japanese are getting over the whole filler thing slowly but surely, I watched a show called kingdom. They stopped at episode 38 and are waiting a few months before resuming with a second season.

Filler is one of my pet peeves, it almost ruined naruto entirely, shippuuden is a slog in places because of it.
Indeed, in the case of the big three I think there roughly 45% filler.
In general I dislike filler, but in the case of Utena and a large number of others besides (one could argue the bulk of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo is filler) there single episodes every 7 or so episodes apart. And in Utena's case, at least I can laugh at either how groan inducing (a character turning into a cow through vanity...wut?), insane (boxing kangaroo...I still can't get over this), charming (high school obligatory ball episode), or secretly awsome they are (once again...was that freaking KING GHIDORAH?!).

On a different note, flicking through the channels late at night I stummbled across the last 5 minuets of an episode of TOWIE. Dear god the rumours I heard where true, how can ANYONE consider this stuff to be entertainment? Taste and all aside, what redeaming features does this show have, other than make us 'normal' folk feel better about ourselfs? Damned if it's being shown in my house hold again!

DVD and BD collection