View Single Post
Old 20th March 2013, 08:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm dreadfully sorry. I've been watching this...

Please, before you pass judgement let me explain...

Mine is a sad story, a tale of half remembered happiness viewed through a fog of mind altering substances, mainly Guinness. In the early '80s I used to watch this before going out to get hammered and I liked it, yes, damn it I admit to it!

I recently took a couple of students to see the children's author, Andrew Norriss, I had a good chat with him but I hadn't done my homework. If I had just Googled him I would have found that he was the genius who came up with Tom Chance and his girlfriend, Alison (played by newcomers at the time, Simon Callow and Brenda Blethyn). Tom is so plagued by coincidence that the local police have ordered that he is never to be arrested no matter how guilty he appears to be!

I found the whole collection on Amazon and bought it. It was very cheap for a collection of 18 episodes. Of course there are some pretty rough episodes but on the whole they stand the test of time and are still laugh-out-loud funny today. I don't mind heartily recommending them to you, in fact if you want to call round we can have a marathon viewing session. You can bring the Guinness...

Monster Magnet