View Single Post
Old 11th April 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
"...That's as close to confirmation that we're going to get right now that at least SEVEN original actors (three have already passed away, Doctors six to nine are ruled out) aren't taking part."

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Update #1000000 | News | Television at The Digital Fix
I've thought this for a while but not said it here. Both Bakers look nothing like the Doctor they played onscreen, neither does McCoy. The only ones who could still play it are Davison and McGann so maybe thats what the producers think.

They still may have small appearances though. The running time isn't long enough to give all the surviving Doctors enough to do. I can see sense in just using the last two, especially as DT is possibly the most popular one ever among the general public.

My own view is that its a 50th anniversary not an 8th anniversary. We need a lot of the classic series to be referenced.

A scene i would love would be the very first shot of Doc 10 having coffee with an unseen person in a country house and the camera pans round to give us William Russell as he is now. - Beautiful.