View Single Post
Old 19th April 2013, 12:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Almost Godlike?
Basically the series stated that along with Omega and Rassilon, The Doctor (Then named The Other) founded the Time Lord society as we know it. Following Omega's 'accident' (in actuality Rassilon rigged his experiment to fail to get rid of him) The Other chucked himself in the primitive Time Lord reproductive devices (all Time Lords being sterile following there war with The Great Vampires) called a Cradle (? I forget) and re-spun his DNA, giving him a new cycle of regenerations. As a result we got The Doctor as we know him, though a young Hartnel. He aged, adopted a newly re-spun Time Lord, Susan's mother, who married and adopted another re-spun Time Lord (Susan) and thus we got the set up for the story. So...The Doctor started Time Lord society. Yeah. Naturally he doesn't remember this after his regeneration into his second incarnation and thus it was down to seven to re-discover this. Though it's silly and over complicated, I don't mind it. You also have to take it with a shovel of salt as this is the same novel that said The Doctor gave Captain Britain super powers.

DVD and BD collection