Thread: Code Red
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2013, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Bill needs to realise that the majority of cult film fans are highly opinionated, volatile, whiny little shits, and stop all the provocation, otherwise he may need to find a new business!
Truest thing I've seen written on Cult Labs!!!
I'm not having a go but I am constantly amazed by some of the complaints about dvd and blu releases by "fans" whose sole intent is to bitch and complain about the smallest issues and proclaim the release crap!

I think people are spoilt now, back in the day I would get a nth generation grainy copy of some obscure release and would be delighted that I had it at all. Some guys seem to think that if you release a 30 year old film, blown up from 16mm, that somehow the "magic" of being bluray will make it look like Avatar, and when it doesn't meet their expectations, they trash it completely.

Code Red is a small company and they put out niche films not released anywhere else in the world. Films like Girls in Chains, Nightmare, Night of the Demon, Primal Rage, etc, etc. If you want a film they release - then get it when it comes out. It's not like it's a secret that CR dvd's sell out and are hard to obtain, we all know that, so if someone decides to wait for a while before buying,they know the risks. Bitching at Bill that he didn't print enough and now he must do a second re-print because they missed out is ridiculous.

Quite frankly I understand Bill getting pissed with people hassling him all the time. The films were available for sale, you and I had a choice to buy or not. If you choose not to buy then don't be "opinionated, volatile, whiney little shits!" Bill sells out of his films most of the time, I don't think he will care too much if a handful of British whingers stop buying them.

Hey, just my opinion!