View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Apocalypse Now (1979 theatrical cut, didn't have enough time this afternoon for the Redux version)-Such a great film, marred slightly by the fact in my DVD edition it's split into two Acts over both discs, kind of annoying although the break did afford me the oppurtunity to have a cig and make myself some lunch. I really must check out Joseph Conrad's novella from which it is loosely based

Last night I watched Sleepaway Camp 2:Unhappy Campers. This was one of the first Horror films I saw as a kid, an old friend of mine "borrowed" the VHS off his brother for us to watch one afternoon during the school holidays when we were about 10 I think, it was called Nightmare Vacation 2 and for years I was trying to find this film, only to realise it was just another name for Sleepaway Camp 2, I believe 23rd Century brought it out on DVD featuring the same artwork that I remembered from the VHS.
Anyway, I find it more enjoyable than part one, due to the fact it plays like a typical 80's slasher, not much in the way of plot (is there ever?), basically kids at a camp behaving badly so Angela (now played by the Boss's younger sister Pamela) can come up with creative ways in which to bump them off.
Gonna finish the trilogy later on with part 3, filmed back to back with 2.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!