View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 08:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I don't think the rights will be as hard to track down for a company that actually bothers to track them down, despite what we're being led to believe.

The Burning has had recent re-releases in Europe, and there's a strong possibility that the people who released it in Germany, for example, could point a company that wants to release it here in the right direction. Of course there's every possibility that the rights for Europe could be split, but considering the director is English, and living in England, and Alan Jones put him in contact with SF for the US release, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have any idea, or at least be able to point a company that genuinely wants to release it, and that will go the effort, in the right direction.
IMO I don't get a company releasing a film that's already had countless number of releases from loads of different companies, why not concentrate on a obscure film that only had one company release it, or a film that's never had a DVD release yet and be the first company to, that would be a good selling point.
Or release a film that never been released uncut here yet, Or a film that been released but out of print etc etc etc. something along that lines instead of chasing films that easily available in loads of different releases.