View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 09:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
IMO I don't get a company releasing a film that's already had countless number of releases from loads of different companies, why not concentrate on a obscure film that only had one company release it, or a film that's never had a DVD release yet and be the first company to, that would be a good selling point.
Or release a film that never been released uncut here yet, Or a film that been released but out of print etc etc etc. something along that lines instead of chasing films that easily available in loads of different releases.
It has NEVER had a decent release here. Uncut, yes, but never in its OAR. It's been out of print here for years too. Considering the greater frequency of Region locked releases both here and in the US, I fail to see why a US release should put anyone in another territory off. Arrow are locking most of their releases now, Second Sight too. What kind of business sense would it make to not release something that people have been fervently crying out for (on message boards like this one, social media, etc.), just because it's widely available (or will be in a matter of days) in another territory, region locked?

Not everyone imports, especially with the frequency of region locking these days. If Arrow for example took this attitude, 4 of their recently announced titles wouldn't happen. Including the likes of Lifeforce, which is getting more extra content than a US version. Not all releases are created equally. I fail to see any harm with UK fans wanting a UK release of a movie widely available elsewhere.