View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 11:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Sorry to dampen the mood but I found Star Trek rather dull. From the silly "Indy Jones" start, through the rather wooden acting/script after John Harrison attacks star fleet, the frankly ridiculous Simon Peg Scottish accent, the reliance on other parts of the franchise for plot (there comes a point when its no longer a homage or resonance), the Deus ex machina intervention. I could go on. Not in the same league as the first part of the reboot. Hopefully Abrams will now be too busy to take a major part in the third entry. BUT still worth a watch. Cumberbatch is by far the strongest element in the film.
I wouldent call it dull as such. Theres something happening all the time and it dosent let you pause for breath (or spot minor plot inconsistencies) its certainly the best thing star trek related since next generation, as every series since that has been very poor quality, and certainly every film past the fourth (with the exception of first contact) has been pretty rubbish as well. For all its faults I really think the new star trek films are the shot in the arm the series needs. That said I can't disagree with some of your other criticisms.

Last edited by keirarts; 12th May 2013 at 05:45 AM.