Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Tonight I are mostly watchin'...

"The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad"
AND
"The Fantastic Voyage"

Where's my wetsuit and ogre repellent?

As I'm still off work after finding a trip hazard I managed to finish watching my double bill. Two very different films hanging on to the tag of a "Voyage".

Sinbad always has to contend with great stop-motion enemies from the gifted hands of Ray Harryhausen and the "7th Voyage" was no exception. It was odd to see that Baghdad was actually in Granada (the Alhambra being a great give away) but, if I remember rightly, it was in the "Golden Voyage" too. Great film but I am biased having read Sinbad stories as a kid (try Enid Blyton's "Tales of Long Ago), an ex RN man and a lifelong fan of the late, great Ray Harryhausen.

Miniaturising a submarine, fighting white corpuscles and a lovely Raquel Welch in a wetsuit, I could watch it all day!

As single films they both score highly on my rating scale; 8/10 for Sinbad and 8/10 for Ms Welch's wetsuit. As a double feature, mmm, not sure that magic and imaginary technology mesh too well. Could work well with an episode of "One Piece" in between to marry sci fi and sword and sorcery.

This double feature- good films both but a bit of a stretch to put 'em together, still 6/10

Monster Magnet