View Single Post
Old 19th May 2013, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict

Series rundown...on reflection I honestly don't think it's as bad as we made out.

Asylum of the Daleks- Bit's let it down, and one reviewer i'm chummy with wrote a very agreeable scathing article, but I felt it was a fun story.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship- Incredably silly and forgetable, but not a bad story.

A Town Called Mercy- See above.

The Power of Three- Great story, almost a modern Spearhead from Space (just not as good).

Angels Take Manhattan- They where on a ferry for most of the bloody film! A good send off for Amy and Rory (and Brian to!) but a poor story.

The Snowmen- The Three Stoogies made it watchable. Just. Only worst by NiS.

The Bells of St. John- Fun, flamboyant, instantly disposable.

The Rings of Akheteen- Good premis, good effects, Nemsis the Warlock was a direct inspiration (!!!) but a horribly contradictive ending to the villein killed it for me. Disposable.

The Cold War- Warm, fluffy and like a nice pair of old slippers. A bit of something new for the Ice Warriors and stunning effects. Hail Skaldek!

Hide- Biggest surprise of the series. A wonderful little story that i'll be re-watching for a while yet.

The Crimson Horror- Another surprise. Remindid me of The Talons of Weng-Chiang. This is most certainly a good thing.

Nightmare in Silver- Awful. Simply awful. However...

The Name of the Doctor-...we got this next. Wow. Just, wow.

So, over all, have we been to harsh on series 7? I think we have, it was more well rounded than series 6 and when it was good there where some very memoriable moments (UNIT HQ, Skaldek intoduction, pocket universe scene's, Mr. Sweet, "A Grenade", and prity much all of last night's episode) and unlike series 6 where i'm struggling to actualy remember what happened beyond The Silence episodes. I'm a very happy chappy.

DVD and BD collection