View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 12:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Prince of Darkness actually has sentimental reasons for me as well. I didn't grow up with my dad and thats the first horror film w watched in theatre together. Had a rough patch with my father health-wise recently and I hope I get the Blu-ray and we rediscover it again.
Aside from the emotional aspect I have always found it an eerier film, something he put a little more thought into. That one and In The Mouth of Madness rank among his better latter achievements.

I am an unabashed Scream Factory fan, though right now I only own ten of the sixteen releases. Getting there titles is the closest thing I get to that feeling when I was a teen trolling the video store in hopes of finding some incredible or incredibly cheesy horror.

I saw Psycho 2 in theatre ( boom mic showing and all) same with Part 3(wthout the boom mic) . I'd love to see Part 4 announced, even if its a bonus with 3(ala The Evictors) I am enjoying Bates Motel and Psycho 4 definitely was a precursor to that. Much much more than the 1987 Bud Cort tv movie Bates Motel.