View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 11:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some months agone I wandered into that wonderful emporium "The Works" and picked up a bargain bundle of classic British (hold that chin high, laddie, if you have one that is) Comedy.

I believe that I have already spoken of some of the wonders contained within this trilogy of digital versatile discs namely; "Sir Henry at Rawlinson End" (there are two compact discs, you know like dvds without the visual capacity, about this rumbunctious chap), and the very wickedly naughty political satire "The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer".

The third volume was entitled "Futtock's End" which was written by and starred the late, great giant of British entertainment Ronnie Barker. The blurb on the rather flimsy part carton that contained the three dvd cases said so, the cover of the dvd said so, the illustration and the writing on the disc itself said that this, indeed, was "Futtock's End", written by and starring Saint Ronnie Barker.

Was it buggery! it was a documentary about Stewart Suttcliffe: the "Lost Beatle". So I gave it to "t' Daughter o' Darkness" 'cause she likes those cheeky scallys (I can call them that without being racist, can't I?)

Monster Magnet