View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 09:28 PM
Cult Addict

Tuesdays recently have involved me keeping one of my friends up to date with a few films. Today watched...

PUBLIC ENEMIES: Real shame this underperformed at the box office, Michael mann is a great director and he really delivers with this one. Johnny Depp is great as John Dillinger and the film really captures the period tone. Mann handles the robbery scenes brilliantly, but then he did also direct a little film called HEAT.

13 ASSASINS: Takeshi miikes occasionally offbeat action movie may feel a little 'mainstream' than some of his wilder films but it proves beyond doubt he can shoot solid action scenes as well as any director i've seen. The film still holds up on repeat viewing as does...

OUTRAGE: Takeshi Kitano back in full yakuza mode with this excellent tale of deception, betrayal and double crossing. Still retains the pitch black humour of earlier Yakuza films and while as a director he may have spent some time shooting somewhat 'artier' fare he's still able to deliver classic Yakuza action as well as the master Kinji Fukasaku.