View Single Post
Old 31st May 2013, 11:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Money and sizes of collections aren't important. I think threads on these forums such as 'what have you bought lately...' etc, are a great way to let other people know what's available and what the artwork/PQ etc is like, they aren't about bragging. I don't think the issue of personal finances should really be a topic of conversation, people collect in their own way, to their own tastes and at their own speed. What should be discussed is the individual films/releases. I don't get this mentality of being a good or bad collector just because they do or don't double dip or they will or won't spend over x amount on a release. Everyone should do their own thing and no one should put anyway down based on what they do. I guess we'd all like to think of ourselves as film fans first and collector's second anyway, surely?! Word up
All good points.

I personally think that having too much free money to spend on films is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. I know for a fact that if I had a lot more money to spend on films, my collection would be a hell of a lot shitter than it currently is, as I would probably end up buying tonnes more titles that I don't necessarily love, but would think 'hell, I might as well buy that if I have the cash, it's an okay film, I suppose'.

Quality over quantity is definitely the way to go.