View Single Post
Old 31st May 2013, 01:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Maybe I am lol, but these are films that I hold a lot of affection for and the fact that they are on steelies which is another passion of mine, means that I was hit with both interests when making a decision to purchase.

That being said they cost me £43 each which when you consider not too many years ago I was paying twice that for these type of films on lazer disc. Hell, back in the day I once paid £20 for a pirate copy of Dawn of the Dead so I can kind of justify the expense here.

I'm just wondering what might be next if this goes well for the distributor, a nice steelbook of the extended cut of Dawn of the Dead is something I would be willing to throw a fair bit of cash at.
That's exactly the way I look at it with the laserdiscs i used to collect. I think people nowadays are spoiled with the availability of cheap discs. As I said elsewhere, I saw someone complain about the price of Scream Factory discs, and said they should sell them for $5-10. That statement is just as crazy as the price I'll be paying for the Demons steelbooks.