View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2013, 09:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I went to see the Purge last night it was a decent watch but!
The film industry has been crying out for something new and fresh, the purge is a film about where there is no crime because one night a year for 12 hrs there is no law and people can do what ever they want and purge themselves, i thought great something different and this could be a film that the industry has been looking for instead of churning out sequels just to cash in or totally pointless remakes, but sadly I felt it didn't deliver, I thought it would do exactly as it say on the tin and you would see people wreaking havoc, killing each other, rioting etc etc the story line was something different and new and could have used it to their potential but instead they went down the route of a film you've seen done before lots of times, Assualt of precinct 13, Straw dogs are two eg, the film concentrated purely on one family where they locked down their house someone turns up wanting in seeking help, the son lets him in and then those outside fight to get to him and the family fight to protect him and themselves, I feel such a great idea to create something new and stand out from the crowd become such a wasted opportunity,