View Single Post
Old 8th June 2013, 12:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Likely would have been a quiet few weeks had it not been for a visit to HMV. Although my store had none of the decent clearance deals others seemed to. I even specifically sought out the MoC / Second Sight releases that I'd seen others post at reduced prices, and they were all RRP in my local HMV. Thankfully the 5 for £30 allowed me to upgrade a few DVDs in my collection to Blu-rays (The Exorcist, L.A. Confidential, Unforgiven, Teaching Mrs. Tingle and Land Of The Dead; which I probably wouldn't have touched if it wasn't all fancy and limited).

I realise that The Exorcist is apparently getting a 40th Anniversary release soon, but honestly I'm more than happy with what the current release offers, as I've never been a huge fan of the film. I don't know what it is with 1973, but the big 3 horror films from that year, are all films I find hugely overrated, The Exorcist, The Wicker Man and Don't Look Now. I don't dislike any of them, but am not as fond of them as most people.

I hate having to buy the expensive 3D version of Prometheus to get all the decent extra features, but thankfully Amazon reduced it recently (gorgeous slip). The Burning is my second Scream Factory release. Dying to see Last Year At Marienbad, from various reviews I've read, it sounds like it could be similar in tone to The Trial, which I adored. Hoping the Studio Canal reductions stay in place for a while, still plenty I want to pick up. I should have owned Sunrise so much sooner, no excuses, my username is very apt.