View Single Post
Old 16th June 2013, 09:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Bit of trivia, and totally off topic!

The original title for the Alice Cooper album 'Raise Your Fist And Yell' was going to be 'Shriek of the Mutilated', in tribute to this film
You have to love Alice, I don't think he's done a duff album ever. And before you say "What about...?" Yeah I love that one as well (even "Flush the Fashion"). And talk about film buff, his albums are littered with cult film "in-jokes": "The Ballad of Dwight Fry", "Feed my Frankenstein", Vincent Price's contribution to "Welcome to My Nightmare", Fay Wray getting a mention in "Escape"... The list goes on.

His film appearances range from a non-speaking but prominent role in Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness" to the Devil himself in "Suck" the rock vampire movie.

His love for Hollywood is so great that he bought the 2nd "O" in the "HOLLYWOOD" sign as a dedication to Groucho Marx and has been recorded as saying:
Quote:
I didn't really care about meeting Rod Stewart or "Sonny and Cher". I wanted to meet Groucho Marx, Fred Astaire, Errol Flynn. I wanted to meet the guys that had invented me, Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, the real stars.
Yeah, you HAVE to love Alice!

Monster Magnet