View Single Post
Old 18th June 2013, 06:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
Oh how I would love a restored version of this film to be released! The theatrical cut is so frustratingly incomplete and incoherent and if there's a chance of a full-length version being made available then I'll join the queue to get it! I love the Tangerine Dream score, that Silver Crosses theme is one of the best things they ever did! Also, if you haven't read the book, read it - it's an absolute peach!

A year ago I wrote up a little feature on The Keep, enjoy!

The Keep (1983) | Angstinmypants's Blog
Interesting read! Many thanks.
The Keep was screened on british telly. I don't recall seeing it on moviedrome but then I was still pretty young when that was going and only rmember catching Terminator and People under the stairs. For quite a while I did have the keep taped off telly but I think it was channel four as it was widescreen. I also had the pre-cert VHS but like a fool sold it on at the advent of DVD because I honestly thought it would get a release.

What i'd like to see is the full extended cut, the 90 minute theatrical cut, a featurette explaining the history of the film and perhaps a commentary. Also the soundtrack thrown in as a bonus would be excellent as well!