View Single Post
Old 21st July 2013, 09:37 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched Warm Bodies last night - FINALLY! I've been dying to see this since I missed it in the cinema (like the fool I am).

I was looking forward to a mushy, romantic zombie film (I should've eaten a tub of ice-cream and wore frilly pyjamas to complete the look!) and definetly was not disappointed. Sure, the film is super dumb. Sure, it has MASSIVE plot holes. Sure, the CGI is about as lame as World War Z. And sure Nicholas Hoult manages to look uncomfortably wooden...even as a corpse but heck I liked this movie!

Great cheesy fun. Very predictable but it has a lot of heart and brings some fairy original and new ideas to the overcrowded genre. It's very Twilight-y at times, and the female lead is incredibly thick and annoying, but if you can ignore those flaws, you'll enjoy it.

Plus, John Malkovich.

There's was quite a few moments in this film that made me go all 'Aww' out loud, which I've only ever done once, at the end of [REC]3.

Anyone else seen this? I'd recommend checking out [REC]3, Zombie Honeymoon and if you're feeling naughty, Otto! Great stuff