View Single Post
Old 28th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Highschool of the dead: the complete first series (2010)

First of all,a big thanks to keirarts who suggested to get the blu (this looks great on blu).

So I started watching this anime series and at first I though it was so-so but slowly the whole thing started to get better and better and when I started watching episode 6 it caught me by surprise (going totally naughty!).

Having watched the whole (first) series now,I can say I'm a fan as this mix of great animation,zombie horror,naughtiness,silliness and characters I cared for...really worked for me.

I can't wait for the second series to get released (september?)!

Highschool of the dead: Drifters of the Dead (2011)

I love the titles they gave the individual episodes,even the censored "DEAD Night and the DEAD Ruck".

So this is another episode of the series,however it was released later (as a companion of a volume of the manga series I think) to keep the interest in the series alive I guess?

Only loosely related (there's some silly explanation given but who cares anyway),this one goes totally naughty which I found very enjoyable but somehow I found myself craving a bit more zombie action...if only there was another episode which showed what actually happened when the zombies pop up at the end...

Btw I really like the structure of this series with short episodes (15 mins) and more action after the credits...and a lovely jumbled preview of the next episode after that!

My favourite male character is Kohta Hirano (talk about a fun character) and my favourite female character must be Shizuka Marikawa.

Last edited by bdc; 28th July 2013 at 10:18 PM.