View Single Post
Old 8th August 2013, 05:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Got both Blu-ray releases of Cronenberg's The Brood,Umbrella and Second Sight,differing extras and maybe marginally better pq on the Australian release.Great film,hope Shivers and Rabid ain't too far away.Then I got 88 Film's Castle Freak,Arrow's Black Sabbath (first time I saw it actually,wonderful classic feel all around),Motel Hell and Dressed to Kill,Criterion's The Devil's Backbone BD,two releases of Corbucci's original Django (Blue Underground certainly being better with brighter colors than Argent Films more recent UK release).Synapse's Street Trash BD was amazing,even surprisingly colourful and superb in detail.So glad they took some extra time to sort out the problems on their initial transfer,gloppy hooch brutality treated to perfection.Evil Dead was worthy I think,saw that in cinema too and loved the gore and score,just received my US BD.I also got the Maniac remake in french SteelBook,with forced subtitles that ain't too intrusive on the 2.35 image.I think the film is love it or leave it for most,personally I enjoyed it,certainly gory and stylistically interesting,good companion piece to Lustig's original sleaze classic.
Lots of pre-orders too: Mad Max Collection Limited Tin Box,Deranged (Arrow),House on Straw Hill (still waiting...),Hatchet III (Dark Sky),Q The Winged Serpent (Shout! Factory),Scanners II-III (Scream Factory),Frankenstein's Army (Dark Sky),Squirm (Arrow),Day of the Dead (Scream),The Dark Knight Trilogy Collector's Edition Box w/ replicas,Prince of Darkness (Scream),Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition,The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 Limited Edition Set from Arrow (I have the austrian and US BD's already,but what the hell,it's a favourite of mine),In the Mouth of Madness BD,The Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition,Creepshow (Second Sight) and Demons Limited Edition SteelBook from Synapse.Damn do I know where my money goes.
Scream Factory's The Incredible Melting Man and The Fog are just around corner,big fan of their output!
Must..... Not..... Comment..... On..... Grammar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Oh,and forgot about Kino's Kidnapped,too bad it had only the revamped version and not Rabid Dogs,but the picture quality made a big difference to all previous releases.Both versions of the film are out in Italian BD Cani Arrabbiati,which is not english friendly,sadly.And finally,Zulawski's Possession from Second Sight.Never saw this before,which is just the same considering it's troubled history,but what a freakish and crazy art film! Am I seeing some influence here on Clive Barker's early horror work or am I just going crazy...
That's a fantastic haul of great films Jani, top stuff. Jealous

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html