View Single Post
Old 10th August 2013, 07:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
That was pretty foolish of them without actually confirming with Shameless first!

Yes, these two titles will be DVD only. There's enough people not wanting to buy the DVDs, so Shameless would be signing their own death warrant if they'd released these on Blu, in my opinion.

What the people on Blu-ray.com often don't realise is that Blu-ray is still a pretty niche format. Yes, it seems popular on the internet amongst us, because we are collectors, but aside form myself, I don't know many people in the 'real world' who would even consider buying Blu-ray discs (and none of them would buy titles like these!)

People need to remove their heads from their asses and go outside and see how the real world functions sometimes.

For most people, price is still the biggest factor. On the rare occasions they'll actually buy a film, they'll hit up their local HMV or town centre, or order it from Amazon marketplace as cheaply as they can.

We need to remember that we film fans and collectors may seem mighty on here, but we are nothing but a grain of sand in the vast desert that is real life. Whilst we can shout and scream and suggest, we are nothing in the grand scheme of things. Whilst I know for a fact that Shameless listen and care about their fans (as do some other companies no doubt), there are other factors at work that doesn't mean if we suggest 'X' title they will make it so just because they care, at the expense of themselves - they're not a concierge service!

Plus, as Kyle says we have more to look forward to in 2014, so I for one am looking forward to Shameless' resurgence as a UK distributor. Pkus, who knows what they have in store for the future. There have been so many titles suggested to them, that I'm sure they'll be looking into some of them - these things take time though.
Good to see they have now taken down the news article, and in the official shameless thread a mod has done some research and confirmed them as DVD only

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga