View Single Post
Old 10th August 2013, 11:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yeah, I totally fail to comprehend the mindset of folk on here who refuse to buy dvds now. As a film fan, the film is the most important thing to me. I couldn't really give a toss if it is only made available on dvd. Blu Ray is still a nice, non-essential bonus for me. People are strange...
Certainly for new titles its an easier choice, do I pay £10 for the dvd or £13 for the blu-ray? With the prices of both formats so close now it seems better value for money to spend the little extra for the improved audio and transfer.

I've been blu-ray only for a while now and thankfully managed to sell off all my dvd movies before they started selling for a pound each on ebay

The only dvds I still buy are TV series which may well never see an HD release
but having watched blu-rays for this long I find dvd transfers to be pretty poor in comparison but that might just be my own preference.

I think the more time goes on it's inevitable that companies will switch to blu-ray only for many of their releases although it may then switch to downloads only eventually, which I'm sure none of us want.

What I do find strange however is when companies release the same films over again on dvd when there are already decent versions in other territories when they could have had the option of being the first release to hit blu-ray and at least have something unique to offer.