View Single Post
Old 18th August 2013, 11:51 PM
Cult Addict

slaughterhouse-five-2ct6faj.jpg
Watched 'Slaughterhouse 5', an interesting film.
Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time.
Basically He has been abducted by aliens, taken to another planet and placed in a sealed dome as some kind of experiment and is expected to mate with an abducted female film star.( who spends most of the time she appears without much clothing. Personally i could probably live with this.)

He also slips through time constantly to revisit earlier moments from his life, primarily the relationship with his previous wife and kids and his experiences in WW2. I guess this must be some side effect of the abduction.
Anyway that all sounds very serious, and it is but the film also has some amusing moments.
I read the book a long time ago but couldn't remember much apart from the above description, so for me this adaption was good.

It's a very interesting film, quite thought provoking and philosophical, i thought the main actor was good though he just seemed to observe most of the time.( which seems weird as you're watching it, but makes sense if he is slipping back into the moment because he would already be aware of the outcome.)
Anyway i liked it, mainly for the juxtaposition of images and ideas, there's actually not much of the science fiction element although it does make all the pieces fit together and gives it a meaning.
Pretty good- 7/10