View Single Post
Old 19th August 2013, 09:34 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think much of what you said also applies to Quentin Tarantino, who began making films with a small budget but now has almost unlimited funds and without anyone to tell him to stop acting in his own films and, in the case of Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained, they are far too long.
Most definitely. QT has become entirely self-indulgent. That said his films are still (relatively) low cost budget-wise and I still find them entertaining. Certainly a more 'professional' film-maker would cut them down and be way more ruthless in the editing suite but for me at least I still find his films entertaining and don't mind him being self indulgent.

Hell i'd also level the same charges at Stanley Kubrick, eyes wide shut is probably the most self indulgent and over long of his films but I still keep coming back to it time and time again. he basically got carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wanted and it shows.

I could even level the same accusations at P.T Anderson. Magnolia and there will be blood for me both fit the same criticism.