View Single Post
Old 24th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'll Always Know What you did Last Summer. (2006)

I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer came as a nice surprise to me. Whilst its not as good as the original smash hit film it is head and shoulders above its rather average sequel.

The film is set in a Colorado ski resort in the summertime and this makes a nice change for me. The director makes good use of the deserted ski lifts to add extra suspense and the mountainous location work adds bonus points for me.

Despite it being a second sequel none of the characters from the first two films show up, probably due to budgetary reasons, but this wasn't a problem, the cast of unknowns are an amiable lot, meaning you don't wish all of them dead from the first minute. The film ups the gore ante with a few nice bloody kills, the first two films were rather restrained in this area despite having an original slasher movie killer in the fisherman with his nasty hook. Plot wise, the film has a few tweaks but it follows the general ideas of the first film.

To sum it up. I'll Always Know What you did Last Summer won't change your world, nor will it go down as a great slasher film, however if you feel starved of multiple murders and slashed throats then it might just entertain you for a couple of hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I'll_Always_Know_What_You_Did_Last_Summer.jpg (58.2 KB, 3 views)