View Single Post
Old 14th September 2013, 11:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just finished watching The Keep from Film4's screening a few weeks back. Absolutely loved it, I don't think I've seen anything so atmospheric in my life. What fantastic use of effects, location and sound. Would love to see this on Blu-ray, what's stopping it from getting a proper release it deserves? On a side note I bet the smoke machine bill was half the budget
Welcome to the huge ranks of fans desperate for this to get a quality release. Unfortunately there seems little will from Paramount (who I think still own the film but the rights may have lapsed) and Michael Mann who really seems to dislike the film. Certainly IF Paramount still own it don't expect any respectful release of this film as its a Horror movie and they don't 'do' Horror aside from all those time they suckled at the teet of Friday 13th when they had financial problems. Still it might mean they dump the film with Warner's or Lionsgate and perhaps someone might recognize the cash to be made from a release. All the extra footage (or at least a whole bunch of it) seems to be there. Hell if anyone can tell me how I can acquire the rights i'll release it myself!

What I watched tonight was...

Boffo!: A HBO documentary examining why some films perform well and others die at the box office and confirms what William Goldman claimed, that no one in Hollywood knows anything.

The Sweet hereafter: Atom Egoyan's excellent adaptation of the Russell Banks novel about a Lawyer who comes to a small town after a group of kids is killed in a road accident on a bus. As he goes around town speaking to locals looking to drum up support for a lawsuit dark secrets in the town begin to surface.

Not seen this since the 90's, when I had to badger the Librarian to get the library services only tape into town so I could loan it. It's still a powerful piece of cinema today.