View Single Post
Old 16th September 2013, 11:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
After watching Bird with the Crystal Plumage I watched VAMPIRE AT MIDNIGHT. Not seen this since I had the palace VHS release many years back. Actually BETTER than I remember, its a fun modern take on the vampire tale. No nightstalker but then what is?

After that I watched DESPERATION. Sort of good, but what antagonizes me is what bugged me about the book, it was the fatalistic Americanized interpretation of Christianity that runs through the story. Its more a personal thing having gone to a church school as a kid but there you go. I think it also has something to do with a conversation I had online when I stopped smoking a few years back. Someone asked me if i'd taken the 12 steps programme, I told them no and that I thought it was horseshit. I gave up for myself and by myself and if I ever needed divine help i'd save it for something important. Apparently according to this person I never truly gave up smoking because I hadn't given myself to Jesus.... its this brand of Christianity that seems to permeate Desperation. Apologies if this view offends anyone on here but it really does bug me..
I know what you mean, it bugged me when I read the book and watched the film
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!