View Single Post
Old 17th September 2013, 08:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Caught up with a friend overnight and had a bit of a marathon, from the theatre to his place.

Started with Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz in 35mm.

Shaun Of The Dead - Eehh, it's definitely a fantastic movie, but I find it wrong to label it a comedy, as while it has its funny bits, it doesn't have enough to call it a comedy in my books and gets really serious often. Anyway, top movie, same opinion as the first time I saw it.

Hot Fuzz - Even better second time round, an absolute riot with an explosive (hehe) finish. Laugh a minute.

After the movie went back to a friends place for the night and watched Deep Red.

Deep Red (Longer Cut) - First time I watched Deep Red I saw this version, so when I got the Arrow release and watched the shorter version, it appealed to me a lot more at the time, as it worked better as a horror movie in my opinion.
But seeing this cut for the first time in a while has made me appreciate it a lot more, it works a lot better as a rounded movie and thriller, and I think I'll be watching this cut from now on, it was like watching the movie for the first time all over again.

The next morning continued the trend of British movies.

Snatch - Fantastic. Never seen so many stories and paths woven together so well, very entertaining, fantastic performances all round, and pretty damn funny too.

Trance - Rather meh really, started off really promising with the whole idea of art heists, then became a jumbled mess, constantly changing itself and bringing in twists, leading to a really shallow and disappointing ending in my opinion.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga