View Single Post
Old 17th September 2013, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Loathe as i am to admit it, your proper reviews are very good.
I only did that to wind you up, here's my proper review of it.

Vampire Circus- Recent mentions of this classic from Hammer made me want to watch it again, first time in at least 10 years I reckon.
I'd probably say that this is the best of the non-Dracula Hammer vampire films, yes it lacks the nudity and sex from the others like Twins of Evil, Lust for a Vampire and the Vampire Lovers, and doesn't star any real Hammer regulars, besides Thorley Walters as the Burgermeister and David Prowse as the titular circus' Strong Man, but I think it has a stronger story than those.
Basically it tales the tale of a village somewhere in Europe that has a curse put upon it by the evil vampire Count Mitterhaus after the locals dispose of him via rubber daggers and a plastic stake through the heart. 15 years later, the plague has turned the village into a quarantine zone, breached by a travelling circus that just so happen to be vampires and contain the cousin of the Count. Sure enough the vampires entertain the villagers, giving them some respite from the awfulness of the plague, before killing off the children of the men who killed the Count all those years ago, hoping to bring him back to life with the spilled blood.
I know Keirarts is a big fan of this, as am I and probably a few more members here.
It's another classic Hammer film that sometimes gets overlooked for the more famous Dracula films or the above mentioned Karnstein Trilogy, shame really as it's extremely enjoyable.

I wish the release from Synapse wasn't locked to Region A as I'd love to own this in HD and the edition from Germany seems to be pricey at the minute
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!