View Single Post
Old 28th September 2013, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Okay, I just had a look around the web and found this out about CotLD. The BU and Arrow discs are taken from exactly the same hi def master.........exactly the same.
On many forums, like City of the Living Dead – BluRay (Blue Underground vs. Arrow Video) – 10,000 Bullets they actually recommend the Arrow transfer over the BU version. Here you can look at the screenshots from both and if anyone thinks that it is looking like a net curtained bathroom window with a blizzard outside then you are going to have to explain just what you mean as the screen shots prove you're talking out of an orifice other than your mouth...
Perhaps some of you need to look at your equipment and cables before proclaiming something is unwatchable. Now some of you might have 8-12 foot state of the art cinema's that will blow my 6 grand set up (My pride and joy!!) away but the majority of fans won't.
Instead of sitting there desperately looking for some tiny flaw so people can say, "Oh, at one point a line appeared horizontally for 3 seconds at the change of a reel in a 40 year old film. Completely ruined it for me, couldn't watch it anymore, gave me a headache!", why can't we just watch and enjoy the film for what it's meant to be and be happy that we've got the best possible transfer.
Odd idea, I know...
Okay I was really starting to worry there for a second as you quoted a website that states the Arrow COTLD transfer as being better than the US release and also another website saying that Arrows Tenebrae is as good a transfer as the French disc.

On checking however the COTLD comparison gives the edge to Arrow due to the extras which is a fair point if you want extras, personally I'd rather have the best presentation of the film.

As for Tenebrae, any reviewer that states Arrows release is the exact same quality transfer as the French disc is not a reviewer I would to take too seriously in future.